A program to reverse and prevent gifted underachievement, ideal preparation for scholarship or select school testing and to get girls interested in and achieving in math.
In this course Singapore Math is used to build understanding of how non-cognitive factors contribute to academic success and how to develop these skills in your own child. Parents are then able to ensure that their child develops interest, motivation and strong learning behaviours.
- Challenging work requiring effort builds strong learning behaviours
- Repetition is work that increases in difficulty and complexity
- Acceleration, problem solving, critical thinking and strategy use.
- Learn to tolerate confusion and establish emotional control
- Learn to fail well and use failure as a tool
- Aim for a mastery orientation to learning
Included is a math assessment for children in grade 3 and up to establish a starting level in Singapore Math